#BradStrong and "Teach"

Yesterday I learned  that one of my myeloma buddies, Brad, passed away. I only met Brad in person twice, but I feel like I have known him my whole life. Brad and I were virtual friends we met on Twitter and eventually became Facebook friends  (only special people make that transition from Twitter follower to Facebook friend) I tweet a lot and blog a little. Brad wrote an inspiring blog and tweeted a little. Brad would refer to me as " Teach". I loved that endearing term. It reminded me of my chosen profession, one that I truly loved.  In reality Brad was the real teacher.  Through his writing we all learned many lessons.

Brad taught me how to stay positive, be a fighter and to find a way to make a difference. He also taught me the power of the written word.  I am not much of a writer, but I am going to make an effort to blog more, as a tribute to Brad.

Rest in peace, Big Guy.  The world is a better place because you passed through.  You taught many what is really important.  Your family, friends and readers are going to miss you, but your legacy will live on through the lessons you taught all of us.

Brad passed away on National Cancer Survivors Day- he will always be a survivor in my eyes.

Hugs, "Teach"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 Days- 72 Hours

Lizzie Smith- We Can Do More and Will Do More!

I Get By With a Little Help from My Friends - A Fresh Chapter